The North 12th Complete Street Project is the largest of SIMPL's Multimodal Mobility Projects, and will be implemented by the City of Sacramento. This project will increase and improve pedestrianship between Sacramento's River District and the city's downtown urban neighborhoods. The project will also include construction of new sidewalks, landscaping, aesthetic improvements, street and pedestrian lighting, and traffic signal improvements.
· Make North 12th Street accessible for all modes of transportation.
· Provide bi-directional bicycle access between the River District and Downtown
· Enhance safety along the corridor
· Improve air quality
· Encourage economic development on North 12th Street
· Make active transportation modes of transportation convenient for residents
· Improve the aesthetics of this gateway to the Central City
Please see the notice from the City of Sacramento about the North 12th Complete Street Project. Also, please see the City of Sacramento's website for more details about the project: https://www.cityofsacramento.org/Public-Works/Engineering-Services/Projects/Current-Projects/North-12th-Complete-Street.